I love cookies so with this 21 Day Fix, this has been THE FIRST nutrition program I have followed where I actually like the cookies/treats in the program (actually, it might be the only one where COOKIES are in the program). Having just a glass of wine a few times a week and the occasional cookie (oh, and now the shakeology brownie... yeah, my wife found that recipe so that's coming soon!)
So here's the recipe (with our little tweaks, which, after a few attempts, is what works best for us):
Non-stick cooking spray
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all natural cocoa powder
1/4 Semi-sweet chocolate morsels (we prefer the red bagged Enjoy Life Brand).
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray and set aside.
3. Combine Coconut Oil, applesauce, maple syrup, and coconut milk in a medium bowl, mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine Coconut flour, whole wheat flour, and cocoa powder in a small bowl; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; mix until well blended.
6. Add morsels; mix until well blended.
7. Drop by the heaping Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or wait until firm.
Header Image courtesy of : http://www.delish-blog.com/2010/03/double-chocolate-cookies/
Want more recipes like this? check out our 21 day challenge groups here!