Here's an awesome recipe my wife and I made the other night that caused quite a stir on Instagram. It's low carb so it doesn't take up any yellow containers for those that are on the lowest meal plan of the 21 Day Fix or Insanity Max: 30 or you are doing a Low Carb High Fat type diet you can have a side of avocado.
Check it out, try it and leave me a comment with how you like it!
Here's the recipe for last night's amazing dinner!
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Half of a yellow Onion
1 Tbsp Almond milk or nonfat milk
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits
1. Bake the squash by cutting it in half and putting it in a microwave safe dish filled with 1/4 in. Water. Microwave for 20-25 mins.
2. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
3. Chop the onion and saute in 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
5. Take the 1 cup of cottage cheese and pour into the blender (we use a Ninja). Add the 1 tbsp of milk and blend for 1 min. until smooth.
6.Combine the eggs and Cottage cheese in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
7. Once the squash is done, scrape out the inside (should look like Spaghetti noodles and be soft if it's cooked through) and drain. Add to the cottage cheese cheese mixture along with the onions and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.
8. Spread the mixture into a 2.5 qt bakeware (like Pyrex) and add the sliced tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
9. Bake in oven for 20-25 until firm. Makes 4 servings !